New watch designs are developed every day. A watch is a timekeeping machine. They are of two types, wristwatches and pocket watches. Watches mark their presence since the 17th century. Since then the watches have undergone many revolutions.
New Watch Designs
The designs of watches have hanged. Every year companies are launching new watch designs. In the 21st century besides showing the time, the watches are playing the role of a mini-computer. Such types of watches are called smart-watches. They comprise of calculators, Bluetooth, GPS, radio clock and many other features. The price of watches also varies as per its designs, features, and company. Every year the international watch fair is organized in Geneva and Basel. Big companies exhibit their new watch designs in this fair. A few of the many participating companies are Rolex, Audemars Piguet, and Bulgari.
New Age Watches
- Piaget- They are the award-winning watches due to its excel engineering. Recently they have also added a thin layer of a meteorite to the watch. They have added this into two of its Altiplano models. This layer of meteorite makes the watches unique and is also the talk of the town.
- Audemars Piguet- they make the best luxury sports watch in the world. Their new launch is Code 11.59. They are available in a total of 13 models. Only 10 craftsmen in the world can assemble this watch. The company claims that this is its biggest launch since 1972.
- Montblanc- They have launched an elegant Montblanc Heritage GMT. Furthermore, the watches come in three versions of automatic watches. A steel Milanese bracelet, a salmon-colored dial with grey alligator-skin strap and also a silver/white domed dial. They all are 40mm watch.
- Jager-lecoultre- they have introduced a new design watch called The Jaeger Le-Coultre Master Ultra. The new watches feature handcrafts skills. It also includes an enamel dial and hand-guillochè, on an elegant moon phase watch. It has an incredible thin movement.
- Richard Mille- they have introduced a new collection called Bonbon. It has a set of 10 watches divided into sweets and fruits.
- Rolex- recently this company launched two designs of watches. One is a 42mm big dial Yacht Master. This is a blue and black Batman edition of the GMT. The second watch is a two-tone steel and 18ct gold Sea Dweller. This watch looks like a seventies style watch. It is fitted with a ‘president’s bracelet’.
- Bulgari- the designers have created the world’s thinnest chronograph. Its called Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Automatic. Its just 3.3mm thick. The watch also looks very cool.
- Bell and Ross- this company is known for its square watches. Their new edition is a V2 92 in Military Beige. It is a simple two-hand automatic watch. Therefore, it is a great watch that can be worn every day.
Everyone wears watches. It was made for convenience but it is a lot more than just a necessity. They are also the style statement. They come in all types of budget. Companies launch new designs and editions every day.